- I build these pickups to order with a 6 week turnaround after receipt of full payment.
- Items listed in stock means I have the parts to build them.
- To order please purchase via the website cart and within 6 weeks I will post out your pickups.
- I will contact you within 3 business days to confirm the build specs.
- Tone cannot be rushed my friends and I won’t rush to cater for the hasty.
- Please contact me prior to purchase for an accurate ETA.
This is my take on the original ’50s Broadcaster pickup. I wind these with 43 AWG Plain enamel and alnico 3 magnets to produce an 8.85k pickup. The coil is slightly more condensed with this wire producing a slimmer coil with the same DC resistance. The result is a tight bottom end and a nicely rounded top end that is not too bright. I use a zinc plated baseplate just like the originals.
- Available in right and lefthanded
- Alnico 3 .195 inch magnets ’50s flat no stagger
- 43 AWG dark plain enamel wire
- Wound to 8.85k
- Cloth pull back vintage style wire
- Choice of black or white string wrap (Please specify at checkout)
- Zinc plated steel baseplate
- Stainless screws and rubber mounts
- Wax potted to prevent feedback
I sell calibrated Tele sets for $209 on the Tele pickup set page.
A clip of the B-caster set in action by Kentucky based Telemaster Mike Nix,