I build these loaded guards to order with an approximate 3-4 week turnaround after receipt of full payment. Please contact me prior to purchase for an accurate ETA.
This loaded guard features my extremely popular Black Strat Gilmour clone pickups with a push/pull pot in the bottom tone position to engage the neck pickup in any position. The guard is a 3 ply parchment Allparts 11 hole with USA/Mex hole spacing it may require a little jiggling for some guitars but will fit most.
There are several stories about what was actually in David Gilmours Black Strat. For this set I have reviewed many articles and this is my version. David’s bridge pickup was a Dimarzio FS-1 and having owned several originals in the past I am very familiar with it. My bridge is wound to 13k for a big fat punchy tone that breaks up crisply with drive. The middle pickup by some accounts was an overwound ’60s grey bobbin so I have done the same with my middle. At 6.15k this pickup is bright with a tight bottom end with a distinct late ’60s vibe. The neck pickup is an underwound ’50s Formvar wound to 5.45k for a nice clean vintage tone.
- Loaded with Leddin Black Strats handwound pickups 5.45k Neck, 6.15k RWRP middle and 13k bridge
- 3 ply parchment 11 hole USA/Mex spaced guard (May require a little jiggling to fit some guitars)
- 250k CTS Vol and neck tone with 250k Bournes push/pull bottom tone to engage the neck pickup in any pos
- 0.047uf Orange drop cap with Oaks 5-way switch, Switchcraft Jack and full cloth wire
- Available in other colours (Please contact for custom orders)
Sound clips of the “Black strats” in action by Brisbane guitarist Nathan Moore.
Bridge and Middle “Brick”
Neck and Middle “Cigar”