I am currently waiting on the 1 ply beveled guards I use for this model, hopefully they will be in stock soon.
I build these loaded guards to order with an approximate 6 week turnaround after receipt of full payment. Please contact me prior to purchase for an accurate ETA.
This loaded guard features my extremely popular Black Strat Gilmour clone pickups with a push/push pot in the bottom tone position to engage the neck pickup in any position. The guard is a 1 ply beveled 11 hole with very close to USA/Mex hole spacing it may require a little jiggling for some guitars but will fit most.
There are several stories about what was actually in David Gilmours Black Strat. For this set I have reviewed many articles and this is my version. David’s bridge pickup was a Dimarzio FS-1 and having owned several originals in the past I am very familiar with it. My bridge is wound to 13k for a big fat punchy tone that breaks up crisply with drive. The middle pickup by some accounts was an overwound ’60s grey bobbin so I have done the same with my middle. At 6.15k this pickup is bright with a tight bottom end with a distinct late ’60s vibe. The neck pickup is an underwound ’50s Formvar wound to 5.45k for a nice clean vintage tone.
- Loaded with Leddin Black Strats handwound pickups 5.45k Neck, 6.15k RWRP middle and 13k bridge
- 1 ply beveled 11 hole USA/Mex spaced guard (May require a little jiggling to fit some guitars)
- 250k CTS Vol and neck tone with 250k push/push bottom tone to engage the neck pickup in any pos
- 0.047uf Orange drop cap with Oaks 5-way switch, Switchcraft Jack and full cloth wire
- A choice of white, aged white or parchment knobs and covers
Sound clips of the “Black strats” in action by Brisbane guitarist Nathan Moore.
Bridge and Middle “Brick”
Neck and Middle “Cigar”