- I build these pickups to order with a 4 week turnaround after receipt of full payment.
- Items listed in stock means I have the parts to build them.
- To order please purchase via the website cart and within 4 weeks I will post out your pickups.
- I will contact you within 3 business days to confirm the build specs.
- Tone cannot be rushed my friends and I won’t rush to cater for the hasty.
- Please contact me prior to purchase for an accurate ETA.
There are several stories about what was actually in David Gilmours Black Strat. For this set I have reviewed many articles and this is my version. David’s bridge pickup was a Dimarzio FS-1 and having owned several originals in the past I am very familiar with it. My bridge is wound to 13k for a big fat punchy tone that breaks up crisply with drive. The middle pickup by some accounts was an overwound ’60s grey bobbin so I have done the same with my middle. At 6.15k this pickup is bright with a tight bottom end with a distinct late ’60s vibe. The neck pickup is an underwound ’50s Formvar wound 5.45k for a nice clean vintage tone.
- Available in right and lefthanded
- Alnico 5 staggered magnets
- Bridge pickup black bobbin 13k wound with 43 AWG Poly wire
- Middle pickup grey bobbin 6.15k wound with 42 AWG Plain enamel wire (RWRP by order)
- Neck pickup black bobbin 5.45k wound with 42 AWG Formvar wire
- A choice of black, white or aged white covers (Please specify)
- Choice of beveled or round head stainless screws (Please specify)
- Wax potted to prevent feedback
$295 per set of 3
Sound clips of the “Black strats” in action by Brisbane guitarist Nathan Moore.
Bridge and Middle “Brick”
Neck and Middle “Cigar”