- I build these pickups to order with a 4 week turnaround after receipt of full payment.
- Items listed in stock means I have the parts to build them.
- To order please purchase via the website cart and within 4 weeks I will post out your pickups.
- I will contact you within 3 business days to confirm the build specs.
- Tone cannot be rushed my friends and I won’t rush to cater for the hasty.
- Please contact me prior to purchase for an accurate ETA.
These pickups are designed around vintage CBS Tele specs. I have included all of the distinct features from this period including grey bottom fiber bobbins and alnico 5 magnets. The D and G magnets are slightly taller for a brighter tone as per CBS specs. The taller middle magnets also make the Leddin CBS the perfect pickup for vintage radius necks. I wind my CBS to 8.85k which is hotter than the original ’60s – ’70s pickups which can be a little too thin and bright. This pickup has more body to the tone but still retains that bite that a Tele should have. Have a listen to the sound clips below to hear that my CBS can go from Twang to Rock and everthing else in between. By far my best Tele pickup seller!
- Available in right and lefthanded (Please specify for lefthanded)
- Alnico 5 .187 inch magnets in late ’60s stagger
- Period correct 42 AWG dark plain enamel wire
- Wound to 8.85k with custom winds available
- Cloth pull back vintage style wire
- Black string wrap as standard (Please specify at checkout for white)
- Copper plated steel baseplate
- Stainless screws and rubber mounts
- Wax potted to prevent feedback
I sell calibrated Tele sets for $209 on the Tele pickup set page.
Sound clips for the CBS Tele bridge courtesy of Vancouver Rockabilly legend Gord Smithers,
The CBS and Classic Bridge pickups in action with Gord Smithers,