I build these pickups to order with an approx 3-4 week turnaround after receipt of full payment. Please contact me prior to purchase for an accurate ETA.
Introducing the “Dirty Slappers” P-Bass pickup set, wound with period correct ’60s wire. I wind these pickups on a grey bottom late ’60s style bobbin with alnico 5 magnets. The wind is classic mid to late ’60s 42 AWG Plain enamel wire slightly overwound to 11.5k. These pickups have punchy yet crystal cleans with a nice bass low end growl and clear high ends.
My “Dirty Slappers” have been described by one Brisbane guitar tech as the best vintage reproduction pickups he has heard!
- 42 AWG Plain enamel wire wound to 11.5k
- Alnico 5 .187 inch magnets with no stagger
- Late ’60s – ’70s style grey bottom fiber bobbins
- Black covers
- Brass grounding plate with foam rubbers
- Vintage cloth wire
- Wax potted to prevent feedback
A few sound clips of the Dirty Slappers in action recorded by Dane on a ’62 Reissue USA P-Bass through a Hartke 5500 amp.