- I build these pickups to order with a 6 week turnaround after receipt of full payment.
- Items listed in stock means I have the parts to build them.
- To order please purchase via the website cart and within 6 weeks I will post out your pickups.
- I will contact you within 3 business days to confirm the build specs.
- Tone cannot be rushed my friends and I won’t rush to cater for the hasty.
- Please contact me prior to purchase for an accurate ETA.
I wind these pickups to original ’50s Black guard Tele specs with 42 AWG plain enamel wire on an alnico 3 bobbin. The moderate output and alnico 3’s give this pickup a nice bite without the ice pick. The highs have a subtle sharpness while the low end has bit of spank. I would say this is one of my most versatile pickups yet and has the twang for country and also the bite for rock when driven.
- Available in right and lefthanded
- Alnico 3 .195 inch magnets ’50s no stagger
- 42 AWG dark plain enamel wire
- Wound to 7.5k with custom winds available
- Cloth pull back vintage style wire
- Black string wrap
- Copper plated steel baseplate
- Stainless screws and rubber mounts
- Wax potted to prevent feedback
I sell calibrated N-caster Tele sets for $209 on the Tele pickup set page.
A few tasty sound clips, courtesy of Brisbane guitarist Nathan Moore played on my maple necked test Tele “The beast” proving that my pickups sound great even in a hunk of junk like this!
Bridge Surf style
Bridge drive clip #1
Bridge drive clip #2
Bridge Heavy distortion
A clip of the N-caster set in action courtesy of Kentucky based Telemaster Mike Nix,