- I build these pickups to order with a 4 week turnaround after receipt of full payment.
- Items listed in stock means I have the parts to build them.
- To order please purchase via the website cart and within 4 weeks I will post out your pickups.
- I will contact you within 3 business days to confirm the build specs.
- Tone cannot be rushed my friends and I won’t rush to cater for the hasty.
- Please contact me prior to purchase for an accurate ETA.
For this set I take a standard late ’60s style grey bobbin and overwind it a tad. This pickup was inspired by an article I read on Dave Gilmour’s Strat where he had overwound one of his middle pickup. The result is a fatter tone all round with those scooped mids everyone is raving about. This pickup will give you that Mayer sound.
- Available in right and lefthanded
- Alnico 5 staggered magnets
- Plain enamel 42AWG wire
- Non reverse wound middle pickup (Please contact to order RWRP middle)
- Grey bottom CBS style fiber bobbins
- Bridge 6.4k, Middle 6.2k and Neck 6.1k
- Black and white vintage cloth leads
- A choice of black, white or aged white covers (Please specify)
- Choice of beveled or round head stainless screws (Please specify)
- Wax potted to prevent feedback
$279 per set of 3
Sound clips available soon.