- I build these pickups to order with a 6 week turnaround after receipt of full payment.
- Items listed in stock means I have the parts to build them.
- To order please purchase via the website cart and within 6 weeks I will post out your pickups.
- I will contact you within 3 business days to confirm the build specs.
- Tone cannot be rushed my friends and I won’t rush to cater for the hasty.
- Please contact me prior to purchase for an accurate ETA.
Roodoo: Hendrix inspired tone
I wind these roughly to ’68 Strat specs with a little more in the bridge. These are essentially a lefthanded pickup for a right handed guitar. The A and B string magnets are swapped around to create this effect. This set has a non reverse wound middle pickup but I will wind the middle pickups reverse for humbucking in position 2 and 4.
- Available in right and lefthanded
- Alnico 5 reverse staggered magnets (Flat tops)
- Plain enamel 42AWG wire
- Non reverse wound middle pickup (Please contact to order RWRP middle)
- Grey bottom CBS style fiber bobbins
- Bridge 5.9k, neck and middle 5.75k
- Black and yellow vintage cloth leads
- Choice of black, white or aged white covers (Please specify)
- Choice of beveled or round head stainless screws (Please specify)
- Wax potted to prevent feedback
$279 for a calibrated set of 3.
I have sold bucket loads of these Roodoo sets over the years. My most memorable customer was Frank from Florida who put his set in a Strat Plus formerly owned by Bill Carson himself!
Here is what Frank had to say about his Roodoos,
“I put them in a Strat Plus that Bill Carson (the original Strat test pilot) gave me. Later in life I got a koa body for it. I’ve never played a Strat that sounded like this. I don’t have the words at my command but it’s something like an aural first kiss”
Here are some sound clips of the Roodoos in action!
Clips courtesy of Yuji Suzuki www.yujisuzuki.com
Bridge and Middle Clean
Bridge and Middle Overdrive
Neck and Middle Clean
Neck and Middle Overdrive