- I build these pickups to order with a 6 week turnaround after receipt of full payment.
- Items listed in stock means I have the parts to build them.
- To order please purchase via the website cart and within 6 weeks I will post out your pickups.
- I will contact you within 3 business days to confirm the build specs.
- Tone cannot be rushed my friends and I won’t rush to cater for the hasty.
- Please contact me prior to purchase for an accurate ETA.
A few years back I had the pleasure of rewinding an original vintage 1966 Tele bridge pickup taking detailed notes in the process. The ’66 Tele bridge pickup has a lower 6.2k output and coupled with alnico 5 magnets produces that bright country twang that makes it highly desirable among country players. I build my pickup on a grey bottomed CBS style bobbin wound with 42 AWG Plain enamel wire and .187 inch alnico 5 magnets. The D and G magnets are both taller with the D being the tallest as per the original specs. This magnet stagger is calibrated to the pitch of each string and this pickup is perfect for vintage 7.25 inch radius necks. This pickup is great for players who use a low gain pickup and let their amp do the work.
- Available in right and lefthanded (Please specify for lefthanded)
- Alnico 5 .187 inch magnets with 60s stagger
- Period correct 42 AWG dark plain enamel wire
- Wound to 6.2k
- Cloth pull back vintage style wire
- White string wrap
- Copper plated steel baseplate
- Stainless screws and rubber mounts
- Wax potted to prevent feedback
I sell calibrated Tele sets for $209
A killer video demo courtesy of Aussie Country music legend Troy Cassar-Daley,