- I build these pickups to order with a 4 week turnaround after receipt of full payment.
- Items listed in stock means I have the parts to build them.
- To order please purchase via the website cart and within 4 weeks I will post out your pickups.
- I will contact you within 3 business days to confirm the build specs.
- Tone cannot be rushed my friends and I won’t rush to cater for the hasty.
- Please contact me prior to purchase for an accurate ETA.
I wind my Vintage ’50s style bridge pickups with Formvar wire on a flat poled alnico 3 bobbin. I don’t base this pickup on any actual vintage Fender pickup specs. I find the original 7.5k in plain enamel a tad too bright so I wind these to the same 7.5k output but use the warmer sounding Formvar wire. The tone is warm with a round clean tone and these pickups are ideal for the clean country player.
- Available in right and lefthanded (Please specify for lefthanded)
- Alnico 3 .195 inch magnets ’50s style non staggered
- Period correct 42 AWG Heavy Formvar wire
- Wound to 7.5k with custom winds available
- Cloth pull back vintage style wire
- Choice of black or white string (Please specify at checkout)
- Copper plated steel baseplate
- Stainless screws and rubber mounts
- Wax potted for feedback
I sell calibrated Tele sets for $209 on the Tele pickups set page.
Here are some sound clips of the Vintage ’50s Formvar Telecaster bridge pickup in action. Clips courtesy of Steve Mansfield recorded live off the floor through a Fender Blues Junior