- I build these pickups to order with a 4 week turnaround after receipt of full payment.
- Items listed in stock means I have the parts to build them.
- To order please purchase via the website cart and within 4 weeks I will post out your pickups.
- I will contact you within 3 business days to confirm the build specs.
- Tone cannot be rushed my friends and I won’t rush to cater for the hasty.
- Please contact me prior to purchase for an accurate ETA.
My “Vintage ’60s” P-90 soap bars are based on the classic ’60s Gibson winds. I wind my pickups with vintage correct 42 AWG Plain enamel wire and use low gauss alnico 5 magnets. These pickups have a big deep fat bottom end with a nice clear defined top end. These pickups break up nice with drive with a big fat tone and have a sharp attack with a heavy pick stroke. They are suitable for all genres of music from jazz to punk and will not disappoint. I use a shielded Gibson style braided lead as standard. I can install a twin core shielded plastic insulated lead for flexibility of phasing with other pickups by request. I wind my neck units clockwise with south up polarity in line with Gibson and Epiphone pickups, they will noise cancel with my bridge units.
- 50mm spacing
- 42 AWG Plain enamel wire late ’60s wind
- Wound to 8.2k with hotter winds available
- Low gauss alnico 5 magnets
- Shielded Gibson style braided lead
- Choice of black or cream covers (Please specify)
- Chrome mounting screws
- Wax potted to prevent feedback
Sound clip provided by Stuart Docherty of the Silver Dukes. Settings JMP 45 clone, modest volume, Ch1, modest Seven witches boost.