- I build these pickups to order with a 4 week turnaround after receipt of full payment.
- Items listed in stock means I have the parts to build them.
- To order please purchase via the website cart and within 4 weeks I will post out your pickups.
- I will contact you within 3 business days to confirm the build specs.
- Tone cannot be rushed my friends and I won’t rush to cater for the hasty.
- Please contact me prior to purchase for an accurate ETA.
My “Vintage ’60s” P-90 soap bars are based on the classic ’60s Gibson winds. I wind my pickups with vintage correct 42 AWG Plain enamel wire and use low gauss alnico 5 magnets. These pickups have a big deep fat bottom end and a nice clear defined top end. These pickups break up nice with drive with a big fat tone and have a sharp attack with a heavy pick stroke. They are suitable for all genres of music from jazz to punk and will not disappoint. I use a shielded Gibson style braided lead as standard. I wind my bridge units anticlockwise north up polarity in line with Gibson and Epiphone pickups. I wind the neck in reverse for hum cancelling with the bridge.
- 50mm spacing for both pickups
- 42 AWG Plain enamel wire late ’60s wind
- Bridge 8.4k and neck 8.2k RWRP
- Low gauss alnico 5 magnets
- Shielded Gibson style braided lead
- Choice of black or cream covers (Please specify)
- Chrome mounting screws
- Wax potted to prevent feedback
8.2k Neck sound clip provided by Stuart Docherty of the Silver Dukes. Settings JMP 45 clone, modest volume, Ch1, modest Seven witches boost.
8.4k Bridge sound clips courtesy of Brisbane Guitarist Nathan Moore through my test guitar “Mr Thugly”