I build these pickups to order with an approximate 3-4 week turnaround after receipt of full payment. Please contact me prior to purchase for an accurate ETA.
Modeled along the line of late ’60s Telecaster lower output neck pickups. The perfect pickup for that classic late ’60s country twang and for players who like their amp to do the work. I wind my Vintage 66 Telecaster neck pickups with 43 AWG Plain enamel wire and alnico 5 magnets. Plain enamel wire and alnico 5 magnets made their way into CBS Fender guitars from the mid ’60s until the late ’70s. This neck pickup has a distinct late ’60s the tone with a little warmth and not too bright.
- Available in right and lefthanded
- Alnico 5 .187 inch magnets
- Period correct 43 AWG Plain enamel wire
- Wound to 6.9k with custom winds available
- Cloth pull back vintage style wire
- Choice of nickel, bare nickel or chrome covers (Please specify)
- Choice of pickguard or body mount screws (Please specify)
- Rubber mounts
- Wax potted for feedback
A killer demo video courtesy of Aussie Country music legend Troy Cassar-Daley,