- I build these pickups to order with a 4 week turnaround after receipt of full payment.
- Items listed in stock means I have the parts to build them.
- To order please purchase via the website cart and within 4 weeks I will post out your pickups.
- I will contact you within 3 business days to confirm the build specs.
- Tone cannot be rushed my friends and I won’t rush to cater for the hasty.
- Please contact me prior to purchase for an accurate ETA.
I have designed these pickups to be a drop in replacement for late 60s to mid 1974 Fender USA Strats. They are modelled off the famous late ’60s to mid ’70s Fender grey bobbin pickups. CBS Strat pickups can measure anywhere from 5.6 – 5.9k so I stagger the outputs of my sets for some variety. I build these on a grey bobbin with staggered vintage height alnico 5 magnets and wind them with period correct 42 AWG plain enamel wire. These pickups have a nice versatile vintage tone, warm in the neck with a little sparkle in the middle and bridge. They are well rounded clean and break up nice with some drive.
- Available in right and lefthanded
- Alnico 5 staggered magnets (South up polarity)
- Plain enamel 42AWG wire
- Non reverse wound middle pickup (Please contact to order RWRP middle)
- Grey bottom fiber bobbins
- 5.75k neck, 5.8k middle and 5.85k bridge
- Black and white cloth leads (PVC insulated available)
- A choice of black, white or aged white covers (Please specify)
- Choice of beveled or round head stainless screws (Please specify)
- Wax potted to prevent feedback
$279 per set of 3
Sound clips of the CBS in action courtesy of Brisbane Guitarist Nathan Moore,
Bridge Spank Drive
Pickups Clean – Starting at Bridge and progressing through positions with a non reverse middle pickup
Pickups Dirty – Starting at Bridge and progressing through positions with a non reverse middle pickup