- I build these pickups to order with a 4 week turnaround after receipt of full payment.
- Items listed in stock means I have the parts to build them.
- To order please purchase via the website cart and within 4 weeks I will post out your pickups.
- I will contact you within 3 business days to confirm the build specs.
- Tone cannot be rushed my friends and I won’t rush to cater for the hasty.
- Please contact me prior to purchase for an accurate ETA.
My “Vintage formvar” P-90 soap bars offer a warmer alternative tone to my ’60s units. I wind my pickups with vintage correct 42 AWG Heavy Formvar wire and use low gauss alnico 5 magnets. These pickups have a warm fat bottom end and a nice clear but round top end. They are suitable for Jazz and Blues and music styles that require a warmer tone. I use a shielded Gibson style braided lead as standard. I can install a twin core shielded plastic insulated lead for flexibility of phasing with other pickups by request. I wind my neck units clockwise with south up polarity in line with Gibson and Epiphone pickups, they will noise cancel with my bridge units.
- 50mm spacing
- 42 AWG Heavy Formvar wire
- Wound to 7.5k with hotter winds available
- Low gauss alnico 5 magnets
- Shielded Gibson style braided lead
- Choice of black or cream covers (Please specify)
- Chrome mounting screws
- Wax potted to prevent feedback
Sound clips available soon.