I build these pickup sets to order with an approximate 6 week turnaround after receipt of full payment. Please contact me prior to purchase for an accurate ETA.
My vintage PAF spec humbuckers are wound with 42 AWG plain enamel wire just like the originals. These pickups have a nice tight bottom end with a nice clean round top end and won’t mud up in the neck position. I wind my pickups on a standard PAF spec 49.2mm bobbin just like the originals. I use alnico 2 magnets with vintage correct slugs and nickel screws. This pickup set comes with rustic bare nickel covers and has been tested and calibrated by myself. All covers will have some light scratching, spots or stains from the factory. I am not able to provide clean versions of these covers and they will also tarnish with age. These pickups are great for rock, jazz and blues and very versatile with wide tonal range. They have a nice clean balanced tone and break up crisply with drive. Use with the tone wide open for your AC/DC and roll it back for Jazz!!
- 42AWG Plain enamel wire
- Neck 7.6k and Bridge 7.9k with custom winds available
- 49.2mm vintage spec spacing (53mm bridge available please contact)
- Rustic bare nickel covers
- Alnico 2 magnets charged low for a nice vintage output
- Vintage correct machined slugs and nickel screws
- Gibson style braided 2 conductor leads with 4 conductor options available (By order)
- Wax potted to prevent feedback
Please contact me in regards for specs other than the above
Sound clips for my PAF Humbuckers using a 7.6k unit in the bridge of a Kramer Striker. Clips courtesy of Nathan Moore of Brisbane.
Mid Gain Shuffle