Times are busy with my pickups so I build website stock when I can and list them when they are in stock. If the pickup model you are require is not in stock please contact for an ETA.
I wind these pickups to the same specs of a 1959 Strat I sold a few years ago. I use the 42AWG Formvar to nail the pre CBS tone. They have a vintage stagger magnet height which best suited for 7.25 inch radius vintage necks. I will do custom winds either lower or higher but I don’t like to wind the neck past 6.1k or the middle past 6.2k, 6.5k is the maximum I like to wind the bridge pickup. This set has a non reverse wound middle pickup but I will wind the middle pickups reverse for humbucking in position 2 and 4.
- Available in right and lefthanded
- Alnico 5 vintage staggered magnets (Flat tops)
- 42 AWG Formvar wire
- Non reverse wound middle pickup (Please contact to order RWRP)
- Black fiber bobbins
- Bridge 6.4k, middle 6.2k and neck 6k
- Black and white vintage cloth wire
- Choice of black, white or aged white covers (Please specify)
- Choice of beveled or round head screws (Please specify)
- Wax potted to prevent feedback
$279 for a calibrated set of 3.
Sound clips courtesy of Brian Hughes
Bridge and Middle Clean
Bridge and Middle Overdrive
Neck and Middle clean
Neck and Middle Overdrive